To you who’s reading this, welcome to your very own guide for living during a pandemic! It’s very understandable what staying at home for more than a few days can do to you. Everything starts getting boring after a while, your thoughts start caging you in, you might feel irritated and restless especially if you’re working from home during this quarantine.
But, we’re here to tell you that you are going to get through this just fine. You need to take this as a new opportunity, to maybe take a break from the word and focus on yourself and your family.
Indulge in self-care
Now that you’re staying in, you can indulge in self-care that you need and reflect on yourself. Take it as an opportunity to clear your headspace, to wipe out all the dirt and murkiness from your busy schedule that’s trapped inside your body and brain. Sometimes, it’s OK to talk to yourself and ask what needs to be fixed.
Don’t feel bad for being lazy
Some of us might think we are being unproductive because we aren’t at work, or we aren’t finishing that big project we left mid progress. We feel like by doing nothing, we are useless. That’s not the case. It’s OK to stay at home and do nothing for days, especially in a situation like this. It’s OK to have time off. You’ve already been working so hard. You deserve this break. You are not being unproductive, you are not wasting your time by giving yourself some attention.
Being with family isn’t easy
Also, for some of us, spending time with family is not easy. Not all of us are at good terms with them and that’s completely alright. In this scenario, best keep yourself busy with something you like. Watch new movies or series, learn something new online, spend time in your lawn or invite a friend who lives nearby.
Here are more things you can do to help yourself feel better during this time of isolation:
- Limit your time on social media. All the news and people’s opinions about the situation can get really toxic
- Say Hi to someone you haven’t had the time to talk to.
- This might be the perfect time to work on yourself! Fix bad habits, journal your thoughts, make plans for the near future.
- Do not indulge in negative thoughts and feelings. Share them with a friend or write them out. Get them out of your system.
- Date yourself! Light some candles, go to your terrace or your room, take your laptop with you and watch a romantic comedy. Eat a big bowl of pasta all by yourself.
- Wear comfy clothes, take a bubble bath!
- Try yoga and meditation. Trust and believe, it will ease your mind and rid your body from negative energy.
- Research about chakras, positive energy and healing through meditation. It’s a whole new world to explore and you wouldn’t be disappointed.
We really pray and hope you take these days as an opportunity to take care of yourself and your loved ones, and give yourself the attention you deserve. Everything will be alright, hang in there.